If you've heard the buzzword "smart contract" but still don't know what they actually look like, and how they are implemented, this course is for you. From this course, you will get a concrete mental model of what smart contracts are, and how smart contracts operate in actual business settings. In addition, you will get an introduction to Daml, the open source smart contract language that is currently powering Hong Kong Exchange's project Synapse, and Australia Stock Exchange's post trade settlement system.
This class will be Session 1 of 3 of Smart Contract with DAML series
More about Daml: https://daml.com/
This course is most relevant for developers wishing to upskill themselves in smart contracts technologies, and anyone that might be interested in fintech and smart contracts.
Covered in this class
Workshop 1: Introduction to Smart Contracts
- What are smart contracts and a brief history of smart contracts
- Overview of permissioned and permissionless blockchain how they are applied to businesses
- Importance of privacy, authority and obligations of a contract and what they mean to businesses
- Application of Daml smart contracts
- Why use Daml smart contracts? And how does it compare to other language
Workshop 2 & 3: DAML Coding Tutorial and Walk-Through
My name is Max, I'm currently the developer relations for Digital Asset. My primary goal is to showcase the power of Daml, the open source smart contract language. Prior to joining Digital Asset, I worked as a software engineer at a crypto sports betting company.